The following guide will walk you through the process for configuring the software needed to access your virtual desktop from devices such as iPad, iPhone, Android tablets and Android phones via QuickBooks Cloud Hosting.
GETTING STARTED WITH AN iOS OR ANDROID DEVICE
If you do not already have a subscription to QuickBooks Cloud Hosting, please call us at (888) 682-8666 for more information.
Step One: Download The App
Go to the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store and search for the Microsoft Remote Desktop app.
|Apple Store iOS App Link:||Download App|
|Google Play Android App Link:||Download App|
Step Two: Head to your cloud hosting provider's webpage on your phone.
This is what it will look like for users using one of our cloud hosting solutions for QuickBooks Desktop:
- Head to https://cloud.allareo.com
- Place your email address into "Domain\user name"
- Place your temporary password, or the password you established after initially logging in into "Password"
- Tap "Sign In"
How to Go to the Website in iOS
On an iPhone, as shown above, you can open Safari and type the address there. After this, just tap "Go". From there, you will be taken to a landing page to put in your login information - as instructed.
Enter your login information, which is your email address, into "Domain\user name". Obviously, you'd place your provided or set password into "Password". Once completed, tap onto "Sign In".
Tap onto the icon for your desktop environment. From this, you will be asked to what you want to do with file having been downloaded onto your device. Assuming you've installed the Microsoft Remote Desktop app from the App Store, you will move onto the next phase.
Note: If you are unsure of what cloud hosting may work best with your business, or need assistance getting into your cloud hosting environment, please reach out to your Out Of The Box Solutions Specialist at (888) 682-8666
Step Three: Launch the App within the Browser app
- Open the file (or run), when it is done downloading
- Tell it to be opened with Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- Log into the app with the same credentials you used to log into the web page
- Tap on the slider "Store user name and password, " if you want it to remember your credentials
- Tap "Done"
How to Link Your Cloud Environment to Microsoft Remote Desktop on iOS
You will be asked how to treat the downloaded file. In this menu, tap "Copy to RD Client". As illustrated below, just enter the same email address and password you entered to get into the website from the first step.
Step Four: Start Working in Your Cloud Hosting Environment
- Tap "OK" to confirm your understanding of your hosting agreement.
- Notice the orientation of your environment. For iOS devices, you may notice your phone going into landscape mode automatically.
- You may need to change your password, if you logged in with the temporary password provided to you at sign up.
- Tap the same icon you would normally click on your PC or Mac to launch your application.
- Enter your QuickBooks user credentials, as prompted; you will then be shown the home screen of QuickBooks.
What if I Use Android to get to my QuickBooks on the Cloud?
Here - using Google Chrome, the file already is downloaded onto this Google Pixel. You would tap "Open," in response to the prompt below. As you see, it will prompt to you deny or allow access to Microsoft Remote Desktop.
Once you click "Allow," it should launch Microsoft Remote Desktop. Simply tap on "Connect," then you are taken to where you enter the same credentials you entered on the webpage, in the first step. Provided you connect and log in successfully, you will have the same agreement greeting you saw in the iOS experience.
The only difference is the orientation, as we saw in Android, is you will see it in Portrait Mode. Once you tap "OK" to proceed, you will be in your work environment.
As the previous step advised, you would tap on the corresponding QuickBooks icon, or any app icon your cloud hosting environment includes. From this you are given the traditional QuickBooks "No Company Open" Window.
Naturally, you would just open your file as you have been accustomed to doing. You will enter your company file, or be prompted to enter your QuickBooks user name and password.
At this point, you should be able to work on your QuickBooks company file like you always have. The only difference is you now have that power in the palm of your hands!
While this tutorial WILL work for phones, it is designed for tablets as the QuickBooks software itself requires a monitor with at least 640x480 pixels of resolution. It does operate, but not everything fits on screen.
Questions, or Concerns? Give us a Call!